Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

What to Do for the Midnight Munchies

What to Do for the Midnight Munchies

You hear from a distance DINNER IS READY… You walk downstairs and realize that it looks horrible and you’re not eating dinner tonight. So you walk back upstairs to go to bed. You do your night routine, turn the lights off, jump into bed.

Over time you sit on your phone on social media then midnight hits and you suddenly realize it hits you.

I’M HUNGRY!!!

Your stomach is growling with hunger. You find yourself downstairs in the kitchen pulling up a snack. Everyone wonders, Why am I hungry this late? What can I eat this late at night? You open the fridge, you pop out a drink, then you walk into the pantry and spend 5 minutes deciding what you’re even in the mood for. Do I want a salty snack like chips? Or, do I want sweets like chocolate or any type of desserts.  

We asked several students here at Wayne Hills High School to see what their favorite types of late night snacks are and what time they crave any type of food.

Senior, Logan Ntansah said, “French Vanilla bean ice cream from trader joes topped on a warm hot fudge brownie at usually all hours of the night but my most common time to crave this specific desert would probably be around 10-11:30 and I’m going to usually say that’s still my quickest go to desert.” 

Junior Claudia Gail said she likes “Mcdonald’s because I get a large ranch, spicy chicken sandwich and a medium sprite usually at 12:00.”

Some students repeatedly said they crave chips, according to Junior Keara Gayle and Sophomore Yegor Kotelnikov. 

Goldfish was also a huge aspect in salty stacks late at night according to juniors Mikayla Severt and Julia Sandler. Julia also told us, “The quickest and easiest thing to make is putting snacks in a bowl, mac n cheese or chicken nuggets but I’m a vegetarian so I get those impossible chicken nuggets with some BBQ sauce.”

Now from a teacher’s perspective, Ms. Scalzitti  said that cheese fries and gravy are a common food she craves around 11’ o’clock. 

Teachers have more of a mature palate at night and want nutritious meals, while teenagers at Wayne Hills students prefer junk food and less filling meals.