Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

What Did Freshmen Think of the Spirit Rally?

The Spirit Rally has become a tradition at Wayne Hills High School. The competitiveness often excites students for not just the spirit rally, but future events as well. The freshmen, although new to the spirit rally, were very excited for it this year!

What do they think of the dress up days, you might ask? Freshman Eugenia Kwawukume said, “My favorite day to dress up for was Friday because we were brought together because it had the most people participating.” Friday of the spirit week was the day of the spirit rally where all grades wear their colors. These colors are not just aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but everyone who dresses up feels included and part of something.

We asked Freshman Victoria Lozano what she thinks of the spirit rally and she said, “I think it’s creative. It will help us express ourselves through dressing up for the different themes.”

After talking to these 2 freshmen, it is clear that the freshmen enjoyed spirit week and dressing up for the different themes.

What do they think of the spirit rally itself? Freshman Josefina Bahoy said, “I think it will be very exciting. I’m hoping the freshman will win. I think it will help us get pumped for future events.” During the spirit rally, there are activities and chances to get points and whoever has the most points wins. This makes it very competitive and Josefina was excited for it!

Freshman Jenna Alrifai said, “I had a lot of fun at the spirit rally and I feel like it brought everyone in the school together which was a lot of fun and it was really exciting to see who won.”

Although the freshman class isn’t familiar with spirit week and this year was their first time experiencing it, it is clear they have enjoyed it this year and are excited for future events at Wayne Hills this year and the following years.