Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

DECA Raises Money for Fundraisers

DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) at Wayne Hills High School is dedicated to prepare future leaders and entrepreneurs. This year, they’ve been busy raising money and competing in state-wide contests to challenge a student’s knowledge and skills in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.

DECA at Wayne Hills boasts some of the most competent students for the contests, with members that qualify in both regionals and states. In the 2023-2024 school year, the club doubled in size. DECA club is sure to accomplish amazing achievements as the school year continues.

As of recent, they partnered with Gertrude Hawk Chocolates, to raise money for the Oasis organization. Oasis serves low-income women and children living near Paterson, NJ, to meet basic needs. Oasis is a NJ DECA community project. DECA students sold chocolates to classmates and teachers, and thanks to their hard work, it was a huge success.

“As an officer, I feel so proud

DECA students packaging chocolate for the fundraise 

to be a part of the fundraiser to help such an amazing cause,” said senior Noor Rana.

The fundraiser raised more than $1,000 dollars for Oasis.

In addition, DECA officers will be collecting diapers, food, and other supplies to support the Oasis foundation.

“The fundraiser is good for both DECA and Oasis. The money will help Oasis immensely, and will reflect well on NJ DECA was a whole,” says senior Ariana Aray. “These women are in much need of supplies and funds, and we are happy to help and contribute.”

The items will be collected throughout the month of January and February, and members are encouraged to donate what they can in support of the cause.

“It’s exciting that this is our first time our club has the opportunity to contribute to our community. I hope this is an event that becomes a tradition future DECA members look forward to,” comments DECA president Katherine Colucci.

Stay tuned to learn more about what DECA has to offer! Check out the DECA instagram: @waynehillsdeca.