Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

Shaken to the Core

4.8 magnitude earthquake hits New Jersey

On Friday April 5th, 2024 at 10:23 am New Jersey was left shaken from a surprising Earthquake throughout the state. Reports have shown that this 4.8 earthquake lasted a few seconds but left many people shook from this experience. The last time there was a measurable earthquake in New Jersey was August 2022 measuring at 1.7 magnitude. We were able to ask some of the students and staff at Wayne Hills what they where doing and what they felt during the earthquake: 

PE teacher, Mrs. Brown was located in the school when she felt the earthquake and stated, “I was in the hallway and it felt like a herd of students running above me.” 

Senior Matt Thompson was driving when the earthquake took place and said, “I was in my car and it felt like the road was shaking.” 

PE teacher, Mr. Dicolo was sitting in his office during the earthquake,“I thought the ceiling tiles were going to fall out of the ceiling” 

PE teacher Mrs. Curso was in the North Gym in the girls locker room  “All the windows shook it almost caved in”

Senior Dylan Deluca was also in the North Gym when he felt the earthquake,  “I was scared I was texting all of my friends, I was checking to see if they were ok.”

Senior Tala Varoqua was outside the Marketing room, “All the lockers started shaking and me and Mrs. Piro were really confused.”

Though this earthquake was scary, there was some benefits from this experience such as Shake Shack posted the headline “Our Shacks really did shake” if you spend more than $10 you will be given a free shake! We hope everyone is okay and no one was hurt during this Earthquake!

Where we were doing the Earthquake: 

“I didn’t feel anything when the earthquake happened.” – Feisal Al-Qatarneh

“I was sitting in my car when it started to shake and honestly I thought I was about to have a seizure.” – Jailyn James

“I was walking to my car during it and honestly I felt nothing” – Danielle Iannelli

“I was driving and was going over a speed bump, and did not think anything of it until I still felt like the ground was shaking once I drove over it.” – Anya Hogan