Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

Wayne Hills Students Tackle College Struggles

Planning out the next 4!
Courtesy of Skyler Thompson
Skyler Thompson after committing to play Soccer at Seton Hall University!

What is the most stressful thing about school right now? If you ask any senior, many would say figuring out their plans for college. There are so many factors playing a part in college decisions right now which can be very overwhelming for many students. One simple decision, which is picking your college, can end up being one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever have to make. This decision affects the rest of your life so making the right one is very important.

Many things influence these big decisions. Some of these factors are distance, money, size, and the environment of the school. These are just a few in the midst of so many others. That is why the decision can be so overwhelming. There are so many things to take into consideration to help you find where you fit in the best. We got to speak to a few students here at Wayne Hills. Here is what they think!

We got to ask senior Isabella Turrelli about her situation as well! Isabella said, “ I don’t know where I’m going yet. My top schools are Syracuse, Pitt, and Sacred Heart. My top one though is Syracuse.” Obviously Bella has some big decisions to make!

We got to ask one more senior, Shea Riordan, about her situation. Shea said,  “ I’m going to Monmouth University, my dream school was Rutgers but I got rejected.”

Shea’s plans changed a little bit but she is still so excited for her future! Monmouth is a great school and she thinks she is going to love it.

Other kids had the same plan as Shea. Many students this year had the plan to attend Rutgers University in New Brunswick. Unfortunately, the class of 2024 was a very competitive class and many people didn’t end up getting in. Rutgers received over 65,000 applications this year so they had to be very selective. This can be unfortunate for some people, but there are definitely other great options out there for everyone.

We also got to ask a junior here at Hills what her current college situation is. Leah Kleinstein said, “I’m touring two colleges over spring break. I’m touring JMU and VT. I like the programs they have for my major and I love the location.” It looks like Leah may be going somewhere in Virginia!

Obviously college is a very stressful topic to talk about but it is also very exciting. It is a huge step into the next part of your life. Leaving High School is very scary, but there are so many exciting things coming up!