Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

A Recap of The Best Albums of 2023

The Top Albums that Made an Impact on Wayne Hills High School Students
Courtesy of Spotify

Music is a big part of a teenagers life. They laugh at it, sing to it, and even cry at it. Many albums have come out in 2023 from big artists, so we went around and asked students at Wayne Hills High School what their top most favorite albums of the year were.

1. Drake, ‘For All the Dogs’

Released in October 2023, Drake released his album “For All the Dogs” featuring 23 songs. Drake is able to show the diversity of all types of music in his albums. Richie Graniere stated that his favorite part of the album included the versatility used by Drake, “ For All the Dogs is my favorite because it has a variety of songs with different genres’ ‘. Drake was able to blend hip-hop, R&B, and soul making it an experience listening to the album. Students were able to listen to the meaningful lyrics and the catchy beat. A lot of emotions you can feel when listening to this album. Drake was not only rapping about his fame and fortune but about struggles, relationships, and finding self-growth. Though it might have not been an instant favorite to some students, overtime you grow to love each song with every stream. “At first I wasn’t a big fan but the album kept growing on me like every Drake album” stated by Graniere.

2. Travis Scott, ‘Utopia’

Travis Scott’s album, “Utopia” which was released July 28, 2023, has over 1 billion streams on spotify and has all 19 songs debuted in the Billboard Hot 100. Travis Scott is one of the most popular artists in the music industry today and is loved for his unique sound and style. Listener, Claudia Gail, stated that if she were to give a grammy to any artist for album of the year, it would be him, “it has so many good songs and it was an instant favorite” says Claudia. He is acclaimed for his genre blending sounds that bring together hip-hop, rap, and experimental music. “Utopia” resonates with so many because of some key elements such as innovative sound, cultural impact, emotional connection, etc.

3. Zach Bryan, ‘Zach Bryan’

A summertime favorite. Zach Bryan released his album August 25, 2023 and was a hit album all across the country. Zach Bryan was able to touch those who listened to his album on his ups and downs in life. This album features 16 songs and each one makes you feel connected to his life story. Maddy Chessin, stated that she loves it so much that she listens to it everyday, “I just love it and I always listen to it. I love it so much that I am going to see him in concert in March.” Bryan’s voice and acoustic guitar just makes you want to roll the windows down in the car and enjoy life. Bryan was additionally able to blend country and folk together making each song tell a story to the listener.

Anya’s Top Albums
Zach Bryan – Zach Bryan
For All the Dogs – Drake
UTOPIA – Travis Scott

Ava’s Top Albums
For All the Dogs – Drake
UTOPIA – Travis Scott
Zach Bryan – Zach Bryan

As you can see, Wayne Hills’ top liked albums are pretty similar between students. The musical expressions in 2023 have gifted us with a plethora of amazing albums that have deeply touched hearts across Hills. This year’s top albums showcase the power of music and showcase the coming together of all the students from different cliques and groups. As we close this chapter of 2023s most liked albums it appears evident that these beloved songs will always have a place in our hearts here at Wayne Hills.