Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

The Races to the Senior Lot

Ava Serventi
Student in the lot driving safely

The Senior Lot. What every Senior waits three long years for. But is it all it is imagined to be for the class of 2024?

The Senior lot is a parking lot that the Wayne Hills Seniors can park their car in if they have a parking pass. Many people say that is the most exciting part of Senior year.  

Throughout the past years at Wayne Hills there have been many complaints about the new drivers in the lot. Accidents have been recorded in the past throughout the school year with students colliding with each other. 

We went around the school and asked students their opinions on the senior lot and how they thought the new 2024 class was doing with their newfound freedom. We asked Senior Amanda Kneis if she has witnessed any accidents happen in the first three weeks of school, she had said,  “No I have not actually, it’s been pretty good. No accidents, no close calls, everyone is safe.

Some would agree that the hardest time to get out of the lot is at the end of the school day. When the bell rings at 2:19, the race to the lot begins. With all the students fighting their way into the line, this can be the most popular time to witness accidents. 

The lot can get quite noisy at times. We asked senior Siena Shuster about how she felt about the prior seniors’ excessive honking, she said “It got pretty annoying at times and made me stressed”. With all the commotion that went on outside, the students that were inside were distracted. Crazy honking could also be dangerous and result in accidents.

Students have reported that the wait at the end of the day can get very tedious at times. One minute, they are all running to their cars to try to get to the head of the line, and the next, they are sitting in their cars for up to 15 minutes waiting to get out. When asked about how long it takes to get out of the lot, Senior Matt Thompson said, “It takes pretty long, a really long time. Which makes me get home pretty late.” As you can see, the long line of cars at the end of the day is not ideal for everyone. 

I think it’s pretty safe to say that the class of 2024 Seniors are doing pretty good with their new and exciting privilege.