Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

Thoughts After Watching the Movie Saltburn

The new film Saltburn is very interesting and somewhat disturbing. The movie is very eventful and keeps the person watching on their toes.
Courtesy of abc.net
The Saltburn cast!

Have you heard of the new movie Saltburn? It has been a huge hit with teens since the second it came out. Popular actors such as Jacob Elordi and Barry Keoghan star in the movie and their acting is what makes the movie so great. Many people have different opinions about the film. 

The movie has a very eventful plot but overall was a little boring. It had very interesting scenes but sometimes they were a little disturbing. There are definitely reasons as to why this movie is rated R which can be clearly seen after watching it.

People have communicated their opinions about the film and many have said it is very disturbing. There are a few scenes that may rub people the wrong way. They can be uncomfortable to watch but only a small part of the movie was a little disturbing so it wasn’t too bad. Some people think the rest of the movie was very interesting. 

One thing that was great about the movie was the scenery. The movie was portrayed in a very beautiful way and it seemed almost old-fashioned. One of the main characters, Felix, lives in a beautiful house in a small town called Saltburn. His house was gorgeous and this played an important role in the plot. Their house was very beautiful but also gave off a creepy vibe which matched up to the thriller part of the movie. The movie is considered a thriller but many find it to not be as scary as it seems. It incorporates murder and obsession but not things that are in the normal horror movie. 

Something that stands out in this movie is the acting. They did a very good job at casting the perfect people to play the roles. Barry Keoghan plays the role of Oliver Quick who is the main character. His character becomes obsessed with another character in the film. He shows obsession very well through his acting making his feelings look very realistic. Another actor who was casted very well was Jacob Elordi who plays Felix Catton. Jacob Elordi is a great actor who is in other great films like The Kissing Booth series and Priscilla.

We asked some of our classmates at Hills what they thought about the movie. Senior Amy Fierro said, “The movie was boring, kinda interesting but it was so weird.” 

We also talked to Senior Skyler Thompson about her view on the movie, “I think Saltburn was put together very well. It had me engaged the whole time, trying to figure out what the plot was ultimately going to be. In the end I think the producers did a really good job at tying everything together and answered all the questions I had throughout the movie.” 

Overall, Saltburn was a very interesting movie and was a film we will never forget.