Take a Poll!

Is the traffic in the school lot better this year than last year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
View All

Makeup We Loved In 2023

Take a look at the Makeup industry in 2023!
Courtesy of theldndiaries.com
These are some Patrick Ta products which was a very popular brand in 2023.

There has been a lot of change in the makeup industry this past year. New trends have formed and old ones have become less and less popular. Many makeup brands have stepped up their game and have become more popular throughout 2023. Some of these brands include Charlotte Tilbury, Makeup by Mario, Elf, Tower 28, Kosas, Patrick Ta, Rare Beauty, Nars, and Tarte. These are some of the most popular brands that people were influenced to buy from social media. 

We took a deeper dive into the makeup world and found the top ranked brands and the artists that changed the industry this year. Armani beauty, Hourglass, Fenty Beauty, and L’oreal Paris are the top  4 brands that shook the industry. Makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge, Andreea Ali, Nina Ubhi, Mario Dedivanovic, and Pat McGrath have left their mark as well. 

We got some members of the Wayne Hills community and asked what they think  about the makeup world. We got some insight from all ages and a lot of their opinions are very similar. We asked everyone the same questions to see what would be similar and different about their answers. Do you wear makeup on a daily basis? What is your favorite brand? What was your favorite trend this year? Are you more into full or light coverage makeup?

Isabella Turelli is a senior here at Wayne Hills. Bella likes to wear minimal makeup but does wear it everyday. Bella said, “My favorite makeup brand is Makeup by Mario because most of their products are self-setting so it makes doing minimal makeup look so much easier.” Bella loves the look for clean makeup but isn’t opposed to learning how to do full coverage. She also shared with us that she loves the  black cat eye look that was trending at the beginning of the year. 

We also got to ask junior Riley Sexton about her makeup preferences. Riley said, “Yes, I wear makeup everyday that I have school but on the weekends I don’t.” Her favorite makeup brand is Rare Beauty and her favorite makeup to do is the natural look that is trending.

Finally we asked our school gym teacher Ms. Moschel about her makeup. She doesn’t wear makeup everyday and it is more of a rare thing for her. Ms. Moschel said, “I only wear makeup when I’m going out on the weekends.” Her favorite makeup brand is Tarte and she likes the lip oils that recently went viral.

After hearing some insight from students and staff here at Wayne Hills we got very similar answers about the new trends and products. The makeup industry has changed alot and will county to change in 2024.