Jazzmans Café Reopens (And Closes, Again?)

Jazzmans Café

Jazzman’s Café

By Stephanie Tulpan, Staff Writer

Reopening here at Wayne Hills this 2021-2022 school year was Jazzman’s Café. Due to schools getting shut down back in early 2020, Jazzman’s had to close temporarily. Though, now that school is back in session this school year, Jazzman’s got approval to reopen for students and staff.

Jazzman’s Café is a bistro found in many student centers around America. It was created by Sodexo, the company that provides lunches for all Wayne schools. It has been a hit among Wayne Hills students ever since its reopening, and is only getting bigger and bigger!

This café offers hot and cold drinks, ranging from water to tea, and the most popular drink among students: coffee! These caffeinated beverages are enjoyed hot, cold, twisted with caramel, mocha, and even crème brûlée flavors. They also offer donuts, chips, and other small refreshments great for snacking. The most popular drinks enjoyed by Wayne Hills students are the iced caramel latte and iced mocha latte.

Jazzman’s is only open during the lunch block. The commons is packed during this forty-five-minute period; it’s full of students waiting to buy and enjoy coffee and snacks throughout the afternoon.

Jazzman’s announced towards the end of December that they would be closing again until sometime after winter break due to COVID-19 restrictions set in place around the holiday season. Students were so upset to hear this after Jazzman’s closed and reopened in the previous months, and because of regulations that have not been lifted, Jazzman’s, unfortunately, has not been approved for reopening yet. Wayne Hills Freshman and coffee lover, Gianna Franco, says, “Jazzman’s is great! I love getting coffee there, but it stinks that it’s closed as of right now.”

Clearly, students crave Jazzman’s all of the time and are anticipating their re-opening. Hopefully, once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, Jazzman’s Café will re-open once again, and students will finally be able to enjoy delicious coffee and refreshments that they have been deprived of for so long!