Lana Del Rey’s New Album, “Blue Banisters”

“Blue Banisters”

By Stephanie Tulpan, Staff Writer

On October 22, 2021, singer-songwriter Lana Del Rey came out with a new album, “Blue Banisters”. Lana has had a great year when it comes to music production, dropping two albums already in 2021. This one, “Blue Banisters,” is much more contemporary and abstract than her previous album, “Chemtrails Over The Country Club”.

Fans were nervous leading up to album day after being disappointed in their idol for releasing such a “boring and anti-climactic set of songs” back in March of 2021 after she hadn’t released an album since 2019.

Wayne Hills freshman and Lana fan, Reina Sara says “this album is just so much more… Lana. She out-did herself with ‘Blue Banisters.’”

Listening to this album, Lana fans immediately recognized the originality once again that they missed back in March 2021. It is safe to say that fans let go of their disappointment from “Chemtrails Over The Country Club” after listening to “Blue Banisters” authentic collection of songs.

Earlier this year, Lana released, as a single, “Arcadia,” a melodramatic piece that teased and excited fans all across the globe for what was to come later on. With Lana back to her old self, she did not disappoint fans with the entire release of the album. According to Spotify’s “Most Popular,” Lana’s most loved songs from the album are “Dealer” and “If You Lie Down With Me,” both with millions of streams. Reina Sara’s favorite songs from the album are “Text Book,” “Living Legend,” “Cherry Blossom,” and “Sweet Caroline,” all giving off that original, desired, contemporary vibe that Lana’s fans know and love.

Lana Del Rey not only made a comeback later in this 2021 year by releasing “Blue Banisters,” but her fans, naturally, anticipate this same beautiful and lyrical work for later on in the future. Can Lana out-do herself once again?