Favorite Movies Among Students Here At WHHS

Everyone has a different taste in movies, ranging from cartoons to documentaries. After talking to students here at WHHS, a bigger insight is gathered on what movies are popular up to this date.

Film technology continues to modernize in the movie industry, creating motion pictures with amazing animation, stunts, and action, giving movies a realistic feeling. With this in mind, movie theaters always have new and creative movies for every type of person.

Many students like comedies, especially She’s the Man, which involves laughter and romance. “This movie will always be my favorite. It doesn’t matter that it came out 10 years ago, it will always make me laugh!” said Maddy Carlo, a junior. The film is about a girl who falls in the center of a complicated web of romances when she impersonates a man who is on the college soccer team. it’s guaranteed to make you laugh.

Action and adventure is also a top genre. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is about the adventures of the writer Newt Scamander in the secret world of witches who is fixated on the idea of finding magical creatures. “I thought we have seen the last of  Harry Potter’s world. But I’m wrong. This movie was beyond amazing and I absolutely loved it,” said Alexandria Wisely, a sophomore. This movie is ranked as the second top movie for the second week in a row. It takes place in 1926, which is another aspect viewers like about the movie. “This time period is just so cool. I loved the way women dressed and acted like they didn’t have a care in the world,” said Alex Wisely. 

A highly anticipated movie that is coming out on December 9th is La LA Land, starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. This movie is supposed to overwhelm the viewer’s’ emotions through the plot, which includes song singing. “I can’t wait to watch this movie. I’m anticipating so much,” said Victoria Balduzzi, sophomore. The movie takes place during the 1950’s. As summarized, it’s about the complicated lives of a man and woman who increasingly have problems with keeping their affair.