“Beauty and the Beast” Trailer Released

By Jenna Sundel, Staff Writer

High school is extremely stressful, from homework to sports to worrying about college. Many students wish that they were a kid again, where everything is so much simpler. The new live-action remake of “Beauty and the Beast” is giving people the chance to relive their childhood in a new, modern, and exciting way. After the popularity of the remake of “Cinderella” and
“The Jungle Book”, “Beauty and the Beast” is definitely going to be a hit.

Fans got a sneak peek of the movie when the trailer was released. Judging by the trailer, it appears that it will most likely follow the “tale as old as time”, and it might possibly have a couple of modern twists.  The trailer begins with some shots of the beautiful massive castle. Then, the Beast takes Belle’s dad and locks him up in the castle. Belle comes to see her father. The Beast finds Belle and locks her up, but she is rescued by Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts, who are talking enchanted objects. They believe that she is the one who will break the spell and turn them back into humans. There is also a scene where a pack of wolves attack Belle and the Beast scares them away. The classic rose is also a part of the storyline. The trailer then cuts to Gaston, who is trying to get the villagers to help him with attacking the Beast. The iconic romantic dance scene is shown before it cuts to the villagers attacking and a pedal falling off of the rose. The trailer definitely sets the scene for how exciting the movie will be.

Not only is the trailer action-packed, but it features a star-studded cast, including Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, and Luke Evans as Gaston. The anticipation is slowly building, and many cannot wait for the movie to be released on March 17, 2017.

Fans of the music will also be pleased because the movie will feature many of the songs from the original movie plus three new songs, composed by Alan Menken and lyricist Tim Rice. Menken has composed music for many other Disney movies, including “Aladdin”, “Tangled”, “Pocahontas”, “The Little Mermaid”, and the original “Beauty and the Beast”. The new songs are titled “For Evermore”, “Our Song Lives On”, and “Days in the Sun”.

“I will probably see it. I’m excited about the new songs,” says sophomore Sophia Eshieleh about the new movie.

It will definitely be interesting to see this classic fairytale come to life. “Be our guest” to go see “Beauty and the Beast” in March!