Students are Sun-kissed, Well-rested, & Back From Spring Break!

Photo taken in Sedona, Arizona by Wayne Hills student Ethan Kim

By Stephanie Tulpan, Staff Writer

Students have come back to school from the long break after laying in the sun–or laying in their beds–and are ready to finish this school year right. 

Wayne’s Spring Break began on Saturday, April 1, and extended all the way to Easter Sunday, April 9. During their time off, many students and teachers went on nice vacations to places where the weather is much warmer, like Texas, the Grand Canyon, Aruba, Turks and Caicos, and other popular vacation spots.

Sophomore Lela Ramadani spent her Spring Break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where she visited her cousins. She said, “I had such a good time because of the weather and actually being able to spend time with my family.”

But for spring athletes here at Hills, Spring Break was pretty much dedicated to the sport they play. Whether their time was spent playing volleyball, lacrosse, or running on the Track, they stayed active in practice and games and kept their school spirit alive over the break.

Coach Eustice, who is a math teacher here at Wayne Hills and coach of the Boys Volleyball Team, said, “[Our team] enjoyed our time in the Gifford Gymnasium.”

Despite the amount of physical activity Hills’ athletes and coaches did over break, they still had lots of time to rest and take advantage of their leisure time after practice.

However, for most students, Spring Break served as a break from most of their obligations to the school district. They spent time watching their favorite TV shows, taking strolls around their neighborhood, and doing the activities they might not have time for during the regular school week.

Lela added that in addition to being able to spend time with her family, it was “just nice to not have to worry about school” over the long break. Many students are often anxious because of their busy schedules, so a week’s worth of time to recharge and reset was well deserved.

Although Spring Break has come to an end, there are a few more days off until the end of the school year. We are off for Eid al-Fitr on Friday, April 21, and Memorial Day Break in May has been extended by two days this year. And Finally, at a district meeting on April 13, the Board of Education will decide whether or not Wayne is off from school on June 6th, which is New Jersey’s Primary Election Day.

With these short breaks in mind, students just need to hold on a little longer, and the end of the school year will be here before they know it.