Wayne Hills Bathrooms Remain Locked During Lunch

One+of+the+many+bathroom+at+Wayne+Hills+High+school+that+are+locked+during+lunch+

One of the many bathroom at Wayne Hills High school that are locked during lunch

By Emily Caslander, staff writer

For the past few months, bathrooms have been locked due to bad behavior. A few months ago Angelique Casaleggio wrote an article on students misbehaving in the bathrooms, go check it out, Students and Administrators Annoyed over Mischief in Bathrooms.  Some may see the benefits, but many are annoyed.

While there are benefits to locking bathrooms, it becomes a hassle trying to find the closest unlocked bathroom for students and even teachers.

Ava Renner, a freshman said, “Finding an unlocked bathroom can be hard, and very panicking when in an emergency. Sometimes I even have to walk to the opposite side of the school to find a bathroom, and then my teacher gets mad at me for missing class. This is definitely a problem during lab.”

Another freshman at Wayne Hills, Jayna Patel said, “I don’t like missing class to go to the bathroom, but when I do go, the bathrooms are almost always locked. This becomes a problem for me and causes me to miss more class time. During lunch, this isn’t a big problem for me because we have lots of time to find the closest bathroom, and faculty tends to keep the bathrooms by the freshman calf and commons unlocked.”

Students are not only not only inconvenienced but are in a panic when they really have to go!

Hopefully, we see improvement in the next coming year regarding the locked bathrooms.