Where are the Best Places to Go Out to Eat Lunch?

By Manuela Gonzalez, Social Media Editor

This year, mostly due to having all students back in school during COVID-19 times, both Wayne Hills High School and Wayne Valley High School have changed one policy that affected juniors: lunch. Seniors and iuniors can go out to lunch during the lunch block. After three months of being in school students at Wayne Hills have a lot of recommendations on where to eat.

“Sunrise Bagels is one of my go-to places when it comes to eating out for lunch.  It’s a good place to eat, and also all you have to do to get there is walk across Berdan Ave,” says Junior Eunice Chi.

Point View Plaza, which is right across Wayne Hills, has been a place where most juniors and seniors go to due to convenience. This plaza contains Sunrise Bagels and Positano.

Other places that are near the school and are within walking distance include Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.

“The Starbucks drive-through is full during lunchtime because it is the best place to get food and coffee. I always end up going at least once a week” says Junior Trisha Vyas.

Although juniors tend to eat food closer to Wayne Hills due to not being able to drive, seniors can drive further to get food. Places like Habit Burger and Panera, which are both located in The Parke on Hamburg, are hot spots to grab a quick bite.

“Panera is 100% my go-to lunch place. It’s easy, quick, cheap, and reliable,” says senior Maria Iannelli.

After speaking with a large number of senior, most of them have said that Panera is one of the best places to go.

“My friends and I always go to Panera when we’re going to go out to eat. It has a great variety of choices and it’s overall the best place to get lunch” says senior Katerina Lazarenko.

There are many more places on Hamburg  Turnpike that students go here is a list of places students go to during lunch:

• Jersey Mike’s
  • Guacamole
  • Anthony Franco’s Pizza
  • Vinny’s Pizzeria
  • McDonald’s

There are a variety of choices Wayne Hills juniors and seniors can eat lunch at, and it has overall made lunch more exciting.

“Going out for lunch is a break from school, and it helps me de-stress before going back to do work,” commented senior Joshua Dasilva.