FBLA Gets Ready for Marketplace

By Hanna Qira, Staff Writer

At Wayne Hills, there is a wide variety of clubs and activities, making sure that there are options for all students interests. One of these clubs is FBLA.

FBLA stands for Future Business Leaders of America, teaching students about business values through different activities throughout the year. The President of FBLA is Robert Salita, a senior, while the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) is Ethan Goldberg, a junior. The COO (Chief Operating Officer) is Daniel Boguslavsky, another junior.

FBLA will be hosting a marketplace on Friday, December 8th in the commons at Hills. The marketplace is a program like TREP$, in which students learn about business through starting their own mock business and selling their own product. Students sell anything from baked goods, to henna tattoos and art. The students are then allowed to keep all of the profit that they have made.  

Everyone who joins FBLA enjoys it greatly, with Boguslavsky saying, “FBLA taught me how to be a leader in that I actually have to lead people on my committee. Also, I gained a lot more confidence since I never imagined myself being able to present to 80 people on a weekly basis. Overall, it’s an amazing club and the lessons I learned from it will stay with me.”

FBLA is still open for people to join, with the next meeting on November 14th in room 114 right after school!