Wayne Hills Welcomes Ms. Feldner

Wayne Hills Welcomes Ms. Feldner

By Shan Battal, Staff Writer

This year, Wayne Hills welcomes a new history and language arts teacher, Ms. Feldner.

Feldner grew up in West Paterson as a very shy and awkward girl in her elementary and middle school years. She claims that she hated all of her teachers and none of them liked her.

“I won the ‘most quiet’ award in elementary and in high school,” said Feldner.

After her last year in middle school, she moved to Wayne and attended Wayne Valley High School, which was where her life took a positive turn. “When I was really little I didn’t like school at all… I struggled in reading and teachers never liked me. But when I went to Valley teachers started to like me and I started to like school.” Feldner started to really enjoy school; she liked talking to her teachers and liked coming to school. This played a big role in inspiring her to become a teacher.

After she finished high school, she first went to college for pre-law and worked in a prison for a short amount of time. After some time, she decided that her current job didn’t have the impact she wanted, which was when she decided to switch over to teaching. Feldner attended Lehigh University and got her degree in education.

When asked about what she thinks about the school and what she would change, Feldner had this to say: “The people here are all super supportive and it is a very family oriented school and there’s nothing I would change.” The people here make it easy to accomplish her dream to make a difference in the life of kids, as well as to make sure that the hatred of school she harbored as a child won’t live on in our generation.

The students in this building make it easy to accomplish her dream to make a difference in the life of kids, as well as to make sure that the hatred of school she harbored as a child won’t live on in our generation.