Over 100 Colleges Set to Visit Wayne Hills

The+University+of+Alabama+brochure.+

Alexa DiFiore

The University of Alabama brochure.

By Alexa DiFiore, Staff Writer

For many Wayne Hills students, college is the next step toward a successful career.

Consequently, the school takes choosing what colleges to apply to seriously, and this year over 130 schools from all over are planning to bring some of their faculty to teach students about what their respective colleges have to offer. Several schools, including New York University, have already visited.

Many popular schools, including Penn State University, Quinnipiac University, University of Connecticut, Michigan State, and The University of Alabama got students’ attention. Naviance, our school’s website for college planning, allows for a maximum of 20 people per college meeting. The meetings are in the guidance conference room.

To get to Naviance and register for a college visit, visit the Wayne Hills school website and access quick links on the top left corner.

Students attend these college visits to get a better sense of what college is right for them. College is about more than just getting a degree; it’s also about the experience you have while being there.

Visiting colleges teaches students about the different majors they have to offer. Schools offer a range of majors,  from literature to anatomy. Schools like The University of Alabama advocate the Greek life experience to students in the hopes of getting them involved in it.

Colleges strive for juniors and seniors to come to the college meetings; many believe it’s beneficial to start planning as a junior if you intend to go to college. Ally Hogan, a junior, said that “going to the Florida Atlantic University (FAU) meeting made me understand more about the college. I would love to attend FAU and am very passionate about going there.”

The guidance office said, “everyday the attendance of college visits vary. Sometimes there is nobody at a meeting and sometimes there are up to 20.”

College may not be for everyone, but those who are interested should take full advantage of the college visits. The Naviance login page is linked below.

Naviance Login