Fashion Trends: What Are They?

By Lara Onuk, Aisha Siddiqui

Jimmy He
Converse vs. Adidas?

Straight from Wayne Hills High School- what’s new and what are the top trends! Let’s find out with a little help from some of our students.

“The 90’s are making a comeback with a lot of chokers and denim,” says Precious Obidigbo, senior.  A choker can complete any outfit no matter what the occasion may be. Denim has always been a trend but there are a few styles we should know about for the fall season.

“Cropped hem jeans are perfect for the changes in weather that we have been experiencing lately since you can wear them with sandals or even ankle boots,” Kayla Whitney, senior,  tell us. We were told that even boyfriend jeans have been a popular go-to style as well. Not only can you wear denim as jeans but denim skirts are quite the things to wear, even to school.

Fey Qassis, sophomore, tells us “Girls all over are wearing denim skirts… I see them on everyone! Some are plain in color and some may even have flowers on them.”

“Flowers are fun when they aren’t taking away from the actual denim itself” adds Fey.

Freshman Olivia Monisera says “Many girls in my grade are still wearing those lace-up shirts especially when it’s on a bodysuit”. The lace-up front can add some detail to any plain shirt. When it comes to shirts and tops we were mostly told that off the shoulder shirts, or anything with holes in it is the way to go. “They are quick and easy to throw on,” Alyssa Miller, sophomore tells us.

Now, let’s hear a little bit from the boy’s side of fashion! Aslan Kat and Owais Hobbi, both freshmen told us most boys from their grade shop at Hollister. “I go there all the time… usually when I need a nice shirt or when it starts getting colder out for sweatshirts,” Kat said.

Let’s not forget about Adidas, Nike, and Calvin Klein which are all popular brand names that many students, both girl, and boy have been wearing.