D-1 Schools Eye Sirni For The Faceoff X

Erin Sentowski

Sirni aims to do what he does best, and kick a field goal for the Patriots.

By Jacob Waxman, Staff Writer

“Down, set, *Whistle*” and “The kick is up and it’s good,” are two things Wayne Hills star athlete Dario Sirni hears often, no matter what sport he is playing.

Sirni, a senior, is arguably Wayne Hills’ best kicker of all time due to his record breaking performance. He holds the records for most kicks made in WHHS history, most consecutive kicks made in a game (8) and is arguably the best Lacrosse player to walk the halls here at Hills.

Sirni is coming off of a season where he was one of a few players to be Awarded New Jersey All-State Kicker, with field goal percentage of 90%. Not only is this 17 year old athlete a stud at kicking the ball through the uprights, he also is very good with his hands. Sirni is a Division 1 Lacrosse recruit for face-offs, getting noticed by powerhouse schools such as Rutgers, Hofstra, and Towson, while achieving a 78% face-off win percentage during the 2017 season. Besides getting recruited by D-1 schools, Sirni’s on-field awards include 1st Team All-County, and 1st Team All-Region.

When asked about how it felt to be a potential D-1 athlete and an All-State kicker, Sirni said, “It’s awesome, it’s great to go through recruiting process and being able to meet big time coaches from big time schools. Being All-State was a dream of mine and being able to reach it is an amazing feeling.”

Dario started playing football when he was nine years old and lacrosse when he was 12. He has helped his teams in many games since the start of his career, especially at the high school level. Sirni is coming off two championship seasons, one with each the football team and lacrosse team. He helped lead the football team to an undefeated record and a 31-24 win over Wayne Valley in the State Championship at Metlife Stadium in December and help deliver Wayne Hills’ second County Championship for lacrosse, by defeating DePaul in the finals here at Hills.