Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone X

By Ali Redzepi, Staff Writer

Following Apple’s unveiling of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, and the iPhone X, students expressed concern over the high price tags for the new phones.

iPhone 8 will cost $699 64GB, $849 256GB. iPhone 8+ will cost $799 64GB, $949 256GB. And iPhone X will cost $999 64Gb, and $1,149 256GB

Pre-orders for iPhone 8 and iPhone 8+ will start on Sept 15th and will officially be released on September 22nd. Pre-orders for the iPhone 10 will begin on October 27th and it will officially be released on November 3rd.

Nicholas Sabia, a senior,  says “I think they are both very expensive & over priced” and “wont buy it since they are the same phone as the previous iterations.” Many consider the iPhone 8 essentially an iPhone 7S with

Many consider the iPhone 8 essentially an iPhone 7S with slight new features, such as the 12 MP Camera and video recording at 4K 60fps. Another Student named Richard Essig shares his thoughts about the camera. he says ”

Richard Essig shared his thoughts about the camera.”It’s better to take photos and videos with the iPhone 8/X rather than a regular camera..” As expected it will have an A11 bionic processing chip. It will also have 70 percent more GPU graphic power over the iPhone 7. That basically means video games on the phone will look better and play better. Giuseppe Guerini thinks the new phones are “Interchangeable and offers no benefits” so some students who look into tech more than others do feel sour about the new iPhone’s.

Giuseppe Guerini, senior, thinks the new phones are “Interchangeable and offer no benefits” so some students who are interested in tech more than others do feel sour about the new iPhone’s.

Apple surprised the world when they revealed a special new iPhone for iPhone’s 10th Anniversary. And that phone is the iPhone X (iPhone 10 in roman numerals). The phone will feature a screen larger than iPhone 8+ and has no home button. The camera is also more advanced than iPhone 8. Face Recognition ID will be included on the X but will have an option for a passcode.

The iPhone X is Apple’s most expensive phone yet as they wanted to create the ultimate iPhone at the ultimate price point.

The question is will students be able to afford these new phones or will they even be willing to do so.