Who will Win the Senior Assassin Challenge?

By Nicole Joachim, Staff Writer

The seniors of WHHS have initiated a game called “Senior Assassin” where students partner up and compete to win money.

The majority of the senior class is competing against each other to win a reward of $800 split between four people. Each senior is partnered with a friend and assigned a target that they must eliminate within a four-day time frame using water guns or silly string. Once you eliminate your target, you are assigned who they were targeting. The game continues until there is one pair of students left.

Anywhere except school grounds, a moving car, or inside a building is considered fair game. The prize is split between the last partners standing and the partners with the most kills.

Many teachers around the school find humor in the game after hearing students plot against each other and express their fear of being eliminated. The game has everyone feeling exhilarated, deceitful, but most of all paranoid.

“I see no harm in it. As long as it doesn’t affect the educational learning process, I see no problem with it,” says Erik Scott, a gym teacher at WHHS.

Certain students have given up their social lives and even their work schedule in order to stay inside. Others have ventured to their victims houses at early hours to catch them off guard or have camped outside of their work locations,waiting for their target to leave the building.

Although every partner is against each other, many students agree that it has brought the senior class closer due to the extensive research each partner does on their target. People have reached out to one another to gather work schedules, gym schedules, and where they go on a day to day basis.

“It’s very exciting for the senior class to be able to do one last thing before we leave after graduation,” says John Stadler, a game administrator alongside Emma Gallup.

All in all, the game is harmless and is a fun way to end the year.