Wayne Hills High School Ranks Fourth in NJ in Public Schools Athletics

The+Boys+tennis+team+went+undefeated+during+the+regular+season+with+a+19-0+record.++Coach+Bruce+Keogh+speaks+to+his+team+members.+

Jennifer Cuciti

The Boys tennis team went undefeated during the regular season with a 19-0 record. Coach Bruce Keogh speaks to his team members.

By Jared Pohl, Jack Woodard, & John Conturso, Sports Editor & Staff Writers

Nj.com recently came out with its top 50 New Jersey Public High School Athletics rankings. At number four on the list and ranked 45 nationally is Wayne Hills. WHHS is one of the best High Schools in the country in terms of athletics, with almost every team at Hills performing at an almost .500 or better mark. At a clip like this, it is no surprise to see such a high ranking for the school.

Hills placed ahead of other nearby high schools and fierce rivals such as Ramapo (14), Wayne Valley (15), and Passaic County Tech (17). Only River Dell, Southern Regional, and Pascack Valley are ranked higher according to the Nj.com article. Wayne Hills was also the highest ranked school in Passaic County.

Richard Porfido, the school’s Athletic Director, commented, “It’s a great honor for Wayne Hills student athletes, coaches, and faculty to receive recognition like this. It is always nice to build onto the Wayne Hills traditions we have had and to keep up to the high standards we have set every year as well as into the future.
Wayne Hills surely prides itself in the amount of time, work, and effort put into their athletics. It is nice to see that our athletes’ hard work is being recognized with such a high ranking, Porfido said.