50th Anniversary SDA Alumni Dance

Ashlyn Rogalski

SDA teams and alums rehearse for the 50th Anniversary Alumni Dance.

By Gianna Petruccelli, staff writer

In celebrating its 50th anniversary, the Student Dance Association (SDA) will be adding something new to this year’s show. The advisers of WHHS SDA are excited to announce that there will be a new alumni dance included as one of the most exciting changes!

The alumni dance will consist of all SDA alumni, whether they graduated last year, or many years ago. Many of the members of this dance have been past dancers, captains, overalls, or officers for both the White and Maroon teams.

Multiple girls who are involved in the SDA shows will be watching their older sisters, mothers, and even grandmothers dance as if they were back in high school performing at their own SDA show.

The alumni dance will occur on Saturday, February 25, during the matinee show. Just like the student dancers, the alumni will be performing in costumes for the whole audience to see. Both students and alumni are very excited to see how the dance will turn out.

“What better way to celebrate SDA’s 50th year than by reuniting with those who were once in their places during the earliest of dances!” says Junior and White Jazz captain Jillian Schear.

Schear’s older sister, Alexa will be dancing in the alumni dance and is excited to do so as well.

“I think it’s great that Ms. Kindler, Ms. Ruderman and Ms. Schalago are organizing this dance. It’s a great way to keep those who were once in the program involved.” Alexa Schear, former White Jazz captain and White Overall says.

These women have been working very hard to prepare a show that will impress the crowd. Although their time in high school is over, they will always be a part of SDA at heart!