The Best Athlete in the World

Lebron James is one of the best athletes in the world. When he jumps, it looks as if he is floating on air.

homeexerciseequipmenthq.com

By Jared Pohl, Sports Editor

In the professional sports and Olympic games around the world, there are some truly dominant athletes that are freaks of nature. It is rare to see some athletes that are just under seven feet tall yet can run a 40-yard dash in around 4.6 seconds. There are some athletes who stick out compared to others, but there is one athlete that is head and shoulders above the rest.

In the NFL, there is a player running around who displays a combination of size, speed, and strenght that terrorizes NFL defensive backs. This player is Julio Jones, who at 6’3″, 220 pounds, and has a blazing 4.39 second 40-yard dash time and can leap as high as two and a quarter feet in the air. He is an extremely dangerous athlete as no player should be able to be that tall, that fast, and that strong. His athleticism is why he dominates in the sport, making him one of the best athletes in the world.

In the NBA, Lebron James is the personification of a freak of nature. He is taller than Jones at 6’8″, heavier at 245 pounds, and can jump almost a foot higher, at 3.33 feet in the air. He can run the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds, which is slightly slower than Jones, but in a larger and more muscular frame. When he got drafted out of high school, he already measured up with the men he played against and he got even bigger and stronger after getting older. Lebron could easily make a case for the best athlete in the world. In fact, he is such a great athlete he got an offer to play football at Notre Dame, where he easily could have starred and later gone on to become a NFL legend. Rob Gronkowski, who at 6’6″ is two inches shorter than Lebron and runs a similar 40 time dominates the sport at the tight end position. Could you imagine if Lebron, who is even bigger and can jump higher was in the NFL? He instead chose to play in the NBA, and the decision has payed off, putting him in the likes of names such as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

Although he competes every 4 years, Usain Bolt electrifies the track when he runs. He is the fastest man in the world, as he can run a 3.93 40-yard dash, which is blazing quick compared to the NFL record held by Chris Johnson, which is 4.24 seconds. Bolt is 6 foot 5 and weighs 207 pounds. His speed and height alone got him an offer to play in the NFL, despite not playing the sport. Bolt is a tremendous athlete, but he does not take the crown as the best athlete in he World.

Mitchell Prescott, a junior, commented, “Without a doubt, Lebron James is the best athlete in the world. He is so big, fast, and strong, he is a man among boys in a sport where there are seven feet players who can’t match up with him and guards who are lightning quick and can’t keep up with him.”

Lebron’s combination of height, speed, strength, and also skill is what differentiates him from the other athletes in the world, which makes him the best of the best.