How’s the Shed?

By Ekaterina Zelenin, Staff writer

The enormous project took awhile to complete, but the final result was certainly worth the effort.

Almost a month ago, Mr. Yost’s fab lab class presented the school with a student-built shed. The project was worked on by students and organized by seniors Timothy Tulio and Zean Clemente, as well as juniors Jacob Lukowiak and Lorenzo Cinelli.

From the start, Mr. Yost noted that project was ambitious, but he did not doubt the talents of his students. Rightfully so, as the shed is now officially near its completion.

“We’re taking the walls off the shed. It is designed with the capability of being taken apart. So, once we do, we’ll truck it outside by the breezeway,” explains Yost. The shed’s location is set to be right in the school’s garden, where it will be comfortable to retrieve all of the gardening tools. However, moving the shed is not the only challenge ahead.  

Despite being almost at the finish line, the students still have quite some work to do. There are certain adjustments that have yet to be added to the construction piece. Once it is standing outside, the students will need to put on the doors and cover the shed with siding. Yost however, is not worried about the work.

“They’re all great kids. They know the objective and they work hard, staying on task. And especially with a major project like this. They’re absolutely great.” Yost also explains that he is not only pleased by the students but with their skills as well.

“Oh, it has the same standards as a house. It can hold up on any storm because the shed’s not your cheap Home Depot merchandise. It’s all up to code. Hopefully, we can get it out there soon.”

Both Yost and his students look forward to the shed’s completion. The shed should be moved into the garden by the end of this upcoming week.