The Accountant is Sweeping the Nation

By Natalia Aliotta, Staff Writer

The Accountant is a thrilling new drama movie that has swept the nation when it first hit theaters on October 13th, coming out as the top movie the week because of the wonderful acting and drama portrayed.

As summarized, the movie is about a man named Christian Wolff (acted by Ben Affleck) who lives a double life. By day he is portrayed as an average man who works for a small town CPA office as a math savant. He has a bland personality and cares more about math than people. Completely opposite to his day job, he freelances as an accountant for some of the world’s’ biggest criminal organizations and groups. As the movie goes on, Christian is being tracked down by Ray King, the man who runs The Treasury’s Department Crime Enforcement Division. One client has brought up a real problem for Christian to answer, the man works for a robotics company and has found a conflict involving millions of dollars The plot twist is said to be worthwhile because of the action and suspense, especially as Christian uncovers the truth for his client. 

The Accountant has students at WHHS on the edge of their seats. “I’m so excited to finally see a movie worthwhile! I’ve saved up all my babysitting money for this so it better bo good,” said Alex Wisely, a sophomore.

The movie was produced in the United States by production companies such as Warner Bros and was directed by Gavin O’Connor. It runs for 128 minutes and the genre is thriller/suspense. The Accountant has made the profit of  $50,370,609 in the U.S. The Accountant is rated R for strong language and violence.