Students View Chamber Choir As a Creative Outlet

By Samantha Segreto

Music is an intriguing form of art that has the power to inspire, entice, and express the emotions and pure beauty of the world. The enhanced Chamber Choir of WHHS has given students the ability to carry out the true passions of music, singing, and performance all in one class. Chamber Choir is a level up from the general concert choir and a slightly more enriched class that requires an audition for acceptance. This year, although the number of members has decreased, Cara Palomba, choir director, is sure that everyone will work to the best of their abilities and make each production astounding for all to hear. “I am thrilled to have an all-women’s Chamber Choir this year!” says Palomba. “ It isn’t often I can dig out my favorite SSAA pieces to teach!  I love the angelic sound of a women’s ensemble and I think our audiences will, too”. To finally reach a beautiful end result, each member will need to work hard and focus throughout the year.  Palomba will be introducing various styles of music to the class stretching from genres of pop and broadway, to folk songs and romantic classics. This requires the girls to stay open-minded and greet every new challenge with acceptance and responsibility.

Regarding the exciting new performances that are coming soon, the first one coming up is a singing of the National Anthem at Back to School night on Thursday, October 8th. Following that, they will perform this anthem yet again at many events such as the NHS introduction and the March of Dimes walk. Students are especially excited for the annual performance at the Wayne Tree Lighting and Cabaret Night which is on April 28, a performance in which the singers are able to break away from every ounce of bashfulness within them and step into the spotlight with exuberating songs of pop and broadway! This class allows every musically talented singer to free themselves from their shells and show the school, along with every audience, what they’re sincerely made of. With an influential combination of dedication and determination, all of the WHHS Chamber Choir girls will sing their hearts out this year and represent the power of music in our diverse school.