The Breakdown: WHHS Students’ Spotify Wrapped

By Anzor Mustafa, Staff Writer

Spotify users’ most anticipated day of the year has arrived: Spotify Wrapped.

Spotify Wrapped is an interactive, fun way to view your music history throughout the year. Giving an insightful view of people’s Music, it lists your top five artists of the year and songs and prescribes you a personality type based on your listening taste.

Junior Emily Kozak was initially reluctant, but showed her top five artists–all consisting of Polish artists. Polish heritage is important to her, she said: “I feel very connected to my heritage, and Music really plays a large role in that. But, also, Lady Gaga is great.” Kozak’s top song of the year was Alejandro by Lady Gaga.

Junior Alyssa Micka’s top five were Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers,  Harry Styles, Beabadoobee, and Gracie Abrams. Her top song was I Know The End by Phoebe Bridgers. Alyssa Colucci’s listened to MMusicfor a Sushi Restaurant most — she said, “I really liked the entire album (Harry’s House) and liked the vibe of the song.”

Sophomore Angie Vera and Natalie Lewis had Billie Eilish as their top artists. They explained why they loved her and expressed the emotional depth her songs possess. Furthermore, the emotional significance of EilisMusicusic and career. “Personally, I have been listening to Billie Eilish since she started making music at 16,” noted Vera. Lewis added that Billie Eilish was the first female she saw that made her feel represented. Listen Before I Go is just one of Lewis’ favorite songs by her.

Freshman Taya Mustafa’s personality type was The Enthusiast: a person who listened to mostly Music throughout the year. Mustafa’s music taste primarily consisted of Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, and Chase Atlantic throughout the year.  She stated that once she finds a song, she typically sticks with it; The 1 by Taylor Swift was her most listened-to song.

Here is a link to a selection of Wayne Hills students’ top songs of the year.