Halloween Fun Day: NHS First Project of the Year

Emily Sawyer

Kids making “monster cups” at event

By Emily Sawyer, Senior Editor

Whether you were playing freeze dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” or making crafts, Wayne Hills was the place to be this past Sunday, October 23.

The Wayne Hills National Honors Society held its first official project of the year, where it hosted a “Halloween Fun Day,” inviting elementary-level students from schools across town to come to listen to music, eat candy, play fun games, and make cool crafts.

The event lasted from 2:00-5:00, and kids came dressed up and ready for Halloween. As each kid arrived, they were given a bag to collect their candy and a checklist with all the different “stations” of the event. From drawing monsters on plastic cups to playing corn hole with some of Wayne Hills’ best students, the kids had a wide range of fun to choose from.

There was even a surprise visit from the Passaic County Sheriffs!

Overall, it was a very successful day.

All proceeds from the event will be donated to Passaic County CASA, an organization providing a voice for children in the foster care system through the use of trained volunteers.

NHS President Harman Kohli said, “The event went great! Over 100 children from all over Wayne came to our Fun Day. We raised $300 for Passaic County CASA with the donations collected. I cannot thank the school administrators, our advisor, our officers, the Passaic County Sheriff’s Office, and of course the members for making this event such a great success.”

The next big project has not been revealed yet but will happen sometime in the winter.

Be sure to follow our Instagram @waynehillsnhs for updates and more!