What Do Wayne Hills Students Wear?

Seniors+Sofia+Wunej+and+Trisha+Vyas+

Seniors Sofia Wunej and Trisha Vyas

By Trisha Vyas and Sofia Wunej, Senior Editor, Staff Writer

Wayne Hills has a history of “fashion trends” that everyone seems to follow from pajama pants to sherpa jackets and claw clips to biker shorts. 

Today we asked Wayne Hills seniors what they thought were the most significant fashion trends at the moment as the fall season is approaching.

Erin Durot said, “I feel like people are into leggings or big sweatpants.” Nick Trbovich agrees to say, “Sweatpants, sweatshirts, flannels, jeans, and leggings are really popular.”

Seniors Harman Kohli, Sahil Chatiwala, Nick Trbovich, and Emily Nolan

Jodi Kim listed, “Flare leggings, sweatshirt crewnecks, cropped shirts, claw clips, converse, blazers, and ugg boots/ slippers. 

Stephen Kubis and Matt Sochaski stated, “ Flannel season is starting and grey sweats with college merchandise are in.”

Seniors Maddy Allegri, Jodi Kim, and Luca Gioino

Overall, students believe that loungewear and/or athleisure is the best and most popular type of clothing to wear at school. This is especially the case during the fall and winter time when the weather is colder and drier, and the sun rises and sets later and earlier, respectively. During the colder months is when students sleep less and their motivation to do schoolwork and study is also less, especially in the case of seniors who are experiencing “senioritis,” which is why they usually resort to comfort. 

There are also some key brands that Wayne Hills Students like to wear, besides Wayne Hills merchandise (crewnecks, sweatpants, beanies, shirts, etc.). Converse high tops, usually black and white. Uggs slippers, especially when students wear pajamas or sweats to school.  Nike, Blazers, and Lululemon are some of the most popular athleisure brands students wear on day-to-day bases.

Obviously, there are outliers that appear that depend on the season. For example, during the fall season, some students wear flannels and sweaters, as Kubis and Sochaski said. 

Seniors Stephen Kubis and Matt Sochaski

While popular fashion varies from year to year one trend is for sure, comfort is key when it comes to the students here at Wayne Hills.