Seniors Commit to College

Senior Zach Muller at the University of Tampa

By Camilo Sanchez, Staff Writer

Seniors are ready to head out of Wayne Hills High School and further their education at various universities. Choosing which college to attend is a tough decision that almost all seniors have to make by May 1. Some students are deciding to stay local while others are venturing out into uncharted territory.

Senior Alex Gilman had a tough decision of picking between Rutgers University and University of Rhode Island. Though, he ended up choosing Rutgers for various reasons, he said, “I liked the idea of going to the Rutgers Football games, and I also liked the fact that Rutgers is a very big school so I will be able to meet a lot of new people.” Alex did not mind that Rutgers was an instate school but a school being instate could also be the reason why someone chooses to not attend.

Senior Eden Rivera has decided to attend Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. She had her mind set on leaving New Jersey since the beginning of senior year. She said “I always knew I wanted to leave New Jersey for college. Going to school in Florida will expose me to different kinds of people and cultures. I’m very excited for this change.” Along with Eden, almost 10% of this senior class is going to schools in Florida. Some of these other schools are University of Tampa, University of Florida, Florida State University and University of South Florida.

The Patriot Press wishes the class of 2022 the best in all of their future endeavors.