National Honor Society Officer Election Results Released

Harman Kohli after winning the presidential position for the 2022-2023 school year.

By Ben Friedman, Staff Writer

With another school year coming to an end, preparations for next year have already begun. Clubs and other activities have started electing officers for the 2022-2023 school year. The National Honors Society, run by Mr. Poalillo held its elections for next year’s positions on Wednesday May 4th. 

The National Honor Society is built on the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. They help the local community whether it be cleaning a nearby park or reservoir, or tutoring young students. There are multiple roles that were up for vote at the Wednesday meeting. 

The Vice President assists the president and serves as a stand-in if the president is absent. They assist in making executive decisions and communicating to the members. The Vice President for the 2022-2023 school year is Alex Ferreira. The President works with the advisor to lead and direct the NHS. They make executive decisions, manage officer meetings, and communicate with members. The new President is Harman Kohli.

After winning the election, new President Harman Kohli said, “I’m very excited and can’t wait to start making big strides for the 2022-2023 year.”

The rest of the officers for the 2022-23 school year will be: Treasurer Adrianna Gialanella, Historian Skylar Levitt, Membership Coordinator Siena Varano, Credit Officers Carli Imparato & Ava Pereira, Tutoring Officers Jared Alexander & Manojavan Nagarajan, Community Service Liaison Jordan Levy, Secretary Madeline Galesi.