How Wayne Hills Students Prepare for AP Exams

By Maddie Galesi, Staff Writer

As May quickly approaches, many AP, Advanced Placement, students are preparing and reviewing for their exams. AP exams are exams offered in the United States by the College Board and are taken each May by students enrolled in AP classes. The tests are college-level exams on specific subjects where many students earn a high enough score and earn college credit.

AP exams begin on May 2nd with the first exams being AP US Government and Politics and AP Chemistry.  The exams continue until Tuesday, May 17th.  

AP exams are typically a stressful time in a student’s life, especially when a student is taking multiple. AP exams are also $96 each as of 2022.

Junior Sahil Chatiwala is stacked on his exams as he is taking AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Calculus AB, AP US History, and AP Physics II. To prepare for five exams, Chatiwala is splitting his time and going over notes from the College Board website. 

Senior Sydney Chessin is taking AP Government, AP Language and Composition, and AP Art History. He says her most beneficial study tips have been “watching youtube videos and using Khan Academy

AP exams are completely optional. Many Senior AP students decide not to take APs if their college does not accept the credits. Senior Jiwon Song did not register for any APs this year as she “did not want to stress herself out. Last year, I had a difficult time studying for my exams and I did not want to go through that horrific stress and anxiety again.” She stresses the importance of mental health and how the tests were not worth the mental toll. 

While AP exams are important, make sure to take care of yourself and your mental health. Happy studying and good luck!