Seniors Enter the Second Half of the Year

By Sarah Park and Jenna Lewis

As we enter the third marking period, seniors are in their last semester of high school. Without a doubt, this year is flying by. Although this year was odd, due to Covid-19 protocols, seniors have been managing to make the most of their last couple of months in high school. 

Senior class President, Jiwon Song, leads the way for this year’s Class of 2022. Song says “I feel bittersweet about this year. Due to the pandemic, the class of 2022 has gone through several ups and downs. However, I can confidently and proudly state that  the senior class has never given up on hope!” As February already comes to a close, Song said that “the seniors are making the most out of every single high school day because we know that when we look back, we will very much miss every moment spent at Wayne Hills!”

Jiwon Song has been a member of the Wayne Hills Student Council for all four years of high school. She is an active member and helps coordinate all the senior activities, alongside with senior Secretary, Cassandra Witten. According to Witten, the Senior class has many activities to look forward to. “Coming up, we have Fashion Show, Prom, Senior Breakfast, Spirit Week, Senior Trip, and Graduation,” Witten said with excitement. Due to Covid-19, many of these events have been up in the air. Witten reassures that “spirit week is the only event that has truly been affected by COVID because we had to push it to the spring. Other than that, all our other events are planned to be on time and happening.” 

It is evident that this year’s Class of 2022 is excited to enter the second half of their senior year. They are hopeful that they do not have to miss out on all the senior activities that the previous two classes have had to go through.