Wall High School Faces Hazing Scandal

Courtesy of My Gambing Story News.

Courtesy of ‘My Gambing Story’ News.

By Emily Kozak

Wall High School in New Jersey has been recently faced with a serious hazing allegation. The Wall Police as well as the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office are involved in the investigation. Superintendent Tracy Handerhan has stated,  “The school immediately contacted law enforcement and appropriate state agencies,” after hearing about the rumors. 

This incident happened when six older players stormed into the locker room and tried to pin down a younger player. The victim pleaded with the older players to stop, parents said after watching the video of the incident. Sources close to the Asbury Park Press have said a video of the incident has also been said to be circulating. The incident involved Junior players targeting Sophomores on their team. The parents of the victims also say that the attacks happened more than once this season.

On November 10, Wall Township Public Schools sent a letter out to parents upon hearing the rumors. The school wrote that it Immediately contacted law enforcement and appropriate state agencies. They also wrote that the football game that was scheduled for this Friday was canceled.

“In seeing the story and hearing and hearing some details about it, I think it’s disgusting what they did and penalties that were handed to them were fair, as a program coaches should be more aware of what happens in the locker room. It’s an unfair set of circumstances for those who were not involved,” said sports coach Mr. Basilicato.

The team was supposed to play  Delsea  Regional High School in a state sectional semifinal playoff game. Some parents recommended that Friday’s game should be canceled or postponed. Other parents argued that the investigation should be completed before any actions are taken towards the team. This game could have given them a spot in the state championship.

“I think this is extremely inappropriate and I can’t believe this happened,” said Sophomore Janae Murray.