Wayne Hills Patriots Football Look to Shut Down the Ramapo Raiders

By Ben Friedman, Staff Writer

On Friday, October 15, Wayne Hills Patriots Football team is set to face off against the Ramapo Raiders. Wayne Hills football is coming into this game at 2-4 after suffering three tough losses in a row. After falling to Pascack Valley in overtime, the Patriots look to recover against Ramapo, who are looking to continue their perfect season. Coming off a 50-20 win against Wayne Valley, Ramapo is entering this game at 6-0.

Raiders Junior quarterback Jack Grusser is coming into this week’s matchup with 16 passing touchdowns and 8 rushing touchdowns. Wide receiver Ben Robinson has hauled in 31 receptions and 5 touchdowns on the year. Ramapo’s offense looks to continue success after putting up at least 40 points in five of their six games. It will be interesting to see how the Patriots defense can hold up against this dominant offense. 

Wayne Hills quarterback, Joey Riina comes into this matchup with a total of 9 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns on the year. When asked about this matchup he said, “This has been a huge rivalry game for years and I think we can take them down.”

Senior Ben Contella looks to continue success with 5 rushing touchdowns this season. “We have the talent to beat this team and any team we play. It’s just a matter of putting things together and playing as a team,” said Contella. After bringing in the only touchdown for the Patriots last week, Senior Matt Geraghty looks to add on to his 5 receiving touchdowns this season. The Patriots’ offense is going to have to put points on the board if they want to keep up with the Raiders offense.

Will the Patriots be able to hold off the Raiders and their recent success on both sides of the ball, or will the dominant Raiders offense be too much for the Wayne Hills defense to handle? Find out this Friday at Wayne Hills High School at 7:00 P.M for this matchup.