All About Ms. Logothetis

By Geena Kim

As we start the new school year of 2021-2022, there are new beginnings, new rules, and most importantly new teachers. At Wayne Hills High School we have plenty of new teachers all in different subjects and grades and we would love to welcome them! One of the many new teachers is a history teacher and she also attended Wayne Hills High School. Ms. Logothetis gave us some interesting information about herself!

Ms. Logothetis attended Seton Hall University and graduated with a History and Secondary Education degree with a minor in Women and Gender Studies. When asked how she knew she wanted to become a teacher in the history department, Ms. Logothetis replied,  “I was fortunate to have gone through an education system that allowed me to understand the value of history in the classroom and beyond. From middle school to high school, these educators became my inspiration to want to emulate the same style of learning to my students. I am lucky enough to be back in the same community that fostered my passion for teaching and history.” 

For her students, she wishes to achieve a safe learning environment where her students can learn together. “My goals for my classrooms have always been to create a space where students feel safe to learn, develop as individuals, and navigate through history together. If students can create classroom communities, it creates a space to learn from each other and grow as an entire group,” says Ms. Logothetis. She was then asked if her students were to leave with one piece of information what would it be? She answered “If students could leave my class with one piece of information, I hope it would not feel like you need to have everything figured out by the time you finish high school. Direction is essential, but you may get further into your careers and realize you also have other passions to pursue down the road.” 

Outside of teaching, Ms. Logothetis enjoys Greek dancing, playing the piano, singing, and hiking. While attending Seton Hall she was a member of Alphi Phi Omega (co-ed service fraternity), was in the Pep band, a beatboxer for the Seton Notes, and a co-ed for an acapella group. She is also a huge Disney fan and has visited Disney 17 times, and probably many more to come!