Los Angeles Rams upset Tom Brady and the Buccaneers

Rams Quarterback Matthew Stafford throwing the football in his Week 3 game against the Buccaneers.

By David Valdes, Staff Writer

The all-time great quarterback, Tom Brady, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were outdone by the up-and-coming Los Angeles Rams in their Week 3 game at the Rams stadium.

Prior to this game, the Bucs were on a 2 game winning streak. The Tampa Bay defense struggled against the Rams offense, only getting 1 sack and not a single interception. The team had a total of 7 penalties through the game, while the Rams only had 1. Tampa struggled a bit on offense as well. They could only convert 46% of 3rd downs and allowed Tom Brady to get sacked 3 times. Even though Brady racked up 432 passing yards, he could only get 1 passing touchdown the whole game.

Jalen Ramsey going to tackle Mike Evans
Jalen Ramsey (#20) going up against Mike Evans (#13) in their game against each other

The Los Angeles Rams are having a very good start to their season with their 3-0 record. Matthew Stafford (Rams Quarterback) proved himself as a top quarterback in the league in this week’s game. He threw 343 yards for 4 touchdowns to lead his team to victory. His main targets in the game were his main receivers Cooper Kupp and DeSean Jacks0n who caught 3 of his 4 touchdowns and combined for 216 catching yards. This is only Stafford’s first season with the Rams, but the team chemistry seems to be very good this early in the season. Linebacker Kenny Young led the defense in stats with 8 tackles, 2 assists, and 1 sack. Jalen Ramsey, star cornerback of the Los Angeles Rams had a great matchup against Tampa receivers Chris Godwin and Mike Evans. Even though they were able to get 180 receiving yards, he was able to hold them both to zero receiving touchdowns and ended his game with 7 tackles and 1 assist.

In the past, the Rams have always been a very on-and-off team. Some years they made the playoffs and did well, some years they didn’t.

This is what freshman Ben Siegel has to say about the Rams this season, and their off-season decisions, “I think the Rams are a very good team. I really think they are good because equipping Matt Stafford in the off-season has helped them offensively. I think the defense has been very good being led by Aaron Donald (Rams Defensive End). They could be playoff contenders this season.”

Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will try to redeem themselves in their game on Sunday against his longtime former team, the New England Patriots. The Rams, on the other hand, will be versing the Arizona Cardinals, another amazing team on the same day. You do not want to miss either of these games.