Senior Lot Traffic Causes Accidents for Wayne Hills Seniors on the First Day of School

By Badr Kwaik, Staff Writer

Wayne Hills High Schools seniors are subjected to car accidents as the traffic in the senior lot is sky-high.

On the first day of school, September 9th, at least two occurred. These accidents left an abundance of students anxious about the safety of their cars. 

Senior Pierson Pappola states that he feels his car is in jeopardy due to the danger of driving in the lot. ¨I feel like my car is really vulnerable to an accident because of the amount of chaos in the parking lots’, Pappola said.’ These accidents are otherwise dictated by the significant amount of traffic in the senior lot that occurs lately. The overwhelming majority of students are eager to leave as soon as the last bell of the day rings, which sparks a heavy amount of competition for being the first in line to exit the building. Many students are sprinting to their cars in hopes of being the first in line to depart from school. For other students who do not get to the front of the line fast enough, their wait time can push up to twenty minutes to flee the senior lot.

Traffic in the lot not only affects the structural integrity of cars–it affects students’ lives outside of school.

Photo by Badr Kwaik