SDA Recap

SDA Recap

By Lily Waterman, Editor

Even throughout this crazy year, our school takes immense pride in our amazing Student Dance Association, otherwise known as SDA!

This year, despite many differences and challenges, our girls have persevered and created an outstanding show (that can be seen at this link).

This year’s theme was cartoons and included Avatar, Powerpuff girls, Barbie, and Smurfs dances for Maroon and Kim Possible, Pink Panther, Fairly-odd parents, and the Jetsons dances for White.

SPOILER ALERT: The results are as follows:

First place – Maroon Jazz

Second place – Maroon Aero

third place – White Aero

Best costumes – Maroon Aero

Best Poster – Maroon Aero

Best Maroon solo – Maroon Jazz

Best Music – White Aero

Best White Solo – White Aero

Most Creative – Maroon Jazz

Overall winner – Maroon

Both teams obviously put up a good fight, and here’s what the Overalls have to say about this year’s SDA.

For the White team, Overall Kristina Zajac comments, “I think the white team was amazing this year, and I am very proud of the great show they pulled off. They not only tried their best but they were also super flexible with everything that was thrown at them last minute. I hope next year the girls can experience SDA how it really is and see how much fun it can be. I could not be happier or prouder with my 2021 White team.”

And for our winning team, the Maroon Overall Faythe Way explains that “It was so rewarding to see the hard work pay off especially in a year as different as this one. I also think we did an amazing job putting on an entertaining show that was super fun to be a part of. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to end my final SDA season! I am truly going to miss it.”