Wayne Hills To Have “Virtual Spirit Week”

By Lauren Reiser, Junior Editor

In an effort to stay connected during this unprecedented time, the Wayne Hills Counseling Department will be hosting a “Virtual Spirit Week’ starting Monday, March 30th. Students can post pictures of themselves on Instagram with the hashtag #HillsVirtualSpirit and tag @WHHScounseling, @waynehillshs, or the @dailyhills to be featured!

The themes of each day is as follows:

Monday 3/30: Pajama Day

Tuesday 3/31: USA Day (Red, White, and Blue)

Wednesday 4/1: Hawaiian Shirt/Vacation Mode Day

Thursday 4/2: Sports Gear Day

Friday 4/3: Wayne Hills Patriot Gear Day

“We were just trying to think of a creative way to get some student interaction in this distance-learning format and a way to boost morale/ spirits because we have heard that a lot of students are having a hard time with not being able to interact with their peers,” said Monica Mann, the Lead Guidance Counselor at Wayne Hills. 

Many Wayne Hills students are excited to participate in this fun challenge as a way to continue to interact with their peers even though school has gone online.

“I think it’s cool that even though we’re apart from each other, we still are united as a school through this spirit week. I also think it’ll be fun to wear something other than my pjs,” said Sophomore Juliana Lee.

Junior Gabrielle Goldman comments, “Virtual Spirit Week is a fun idea to show school spirit during this hectic time. Even though we are not physically at school, we can still participate in fun activities.”

“I’m really happy they’re still doing spirit week even through these complicated times,” said Junior Anshul Sinha, “I hope they’re as much fun as the other spirit weeks.”

Junior Yulieanna Sim also comments, “it’s really refreshing to see our school try to come together as a community in these times of need.”

It is important to remember that despite these crazy and shocking times, we can still stay connected and participate in activities as a school.

Starting Monday, get ready to show your school spirit!