Wayne Hills Seniors Prepare for Upcoming Fashion Show

By Alexa Soroka, Senior Editor

Seniors have begun to prepare for the annual Wayne Hills fashion show, which will be held at the Grove this year for the class of 2020.

The fashion show is an event hosted to allow Wayne Hills seniors a night of fun while raising money for their class.

As part of Project Graduation, the night will allow students to walk the runway twice. The first is with a single partner while dressed in suits and dresses. Then again, students can walk with up to a group of six individuals while representing a college of their choice.

While each student walks, an announcer will give a brief description of the student’s extracurricular involvement and plans for after graduation.

“I’m really excited about the fashion show, but I still have to figure out what I’m going to wear,” says Senior Aseel Daboor. “It’s going to be a fun night.”

For those attending, there will also be a tricky tray where attendees can win various different prizes.

“I think fashion show is a great way to fundraise for project graduation while making it super fun to be with your friends and get all dressed up,” says Senior Claudia Brzyzek.

Certain local suit shops have provided male students the opportunity to rent suits for the day, and local salons have offered the girls’ complimentary styling appointments for the big night.

“It’s nice that businesses in town pitch in too,” says Senior Kaleigh Conroy, “by letting guys borrow suits and letting girls get their hair done for a lot cheaper than normal.”

This year, the fashion show was organized by leading “Fashion Show co-chairs” Monique Monaco and Andrea Kochanowsky.

For any additional details or on how to attend, email [email protected].