Cosby Cuffed and Jailed After Sentencing in Sexual Assault Trial

By Lynne Kim, Staff Writer

Bill Cosby is a former stand-up comedian, actor, musician, author, and now a convicted criminal. His assault allegations became public around October of 2014 and more women stepped up and admitted to his sexual misbehavior as years passed.

His hearing began on September 24, 2018 and lasted for two days; Essentially concluding that he is proven guilty and now serving 3-10 years in state prison.

“It’s sad how he was such an icon to the black community and now his image is tainted. It’s upsetting to know the truth but his sentence is justified because of the fact that he still hasn’t admitted to his atrocity. It was clearly obvious that he’s guilty and he deserved everything that he got,” Olivia Cox, Senior, stated.

It has been 14 years since Andrea Constand was drugged and assaulted in Cosby’s home, and over 60 women have come forth with consistent stories, accusing Cosby of the same heinous act.

Some students even believe that he should have had a stricter punishment. Ben Kurzer, Grade 12, stated, “He should have gotten more time considering the amount of people affected by his crimes and the systematic manner in which he conducted them.”

For the past few decades, Cosby was viewed as an inspiration to African American culture, but is now serving time for, as the judge described, being a “sexually violent predator.”