NBA Finals 2018 Rundown

Back to Article
Back to Article

NBA Finals 2018 Rundown

In LeBron's illustrious career, he has not received an ejection until this season.

By Jonah Carleton, Staff Writer

Many people are very annoyed about the Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors playing in their fourth consecutive NBA Finals. But, are they really mad…or are they really excited to see this amazing rivalry take place once again?

This NBA Finals features LeBron James of the Cavs, and the four headed monster of Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green of the Warriors. This matchup is heavily favoring the Warriors, as they are arguably the most talented team of all time.

In Game 1, it was more than anyone could have expected from LBJ. He had 51 points and stuffed the stat sheet with assists and rebounds and had a great field goal percentage throughout. The game went into overtime, as J.R. Smith made a crucial mistake, by not realizing they were losing and took the ball out to half court. When time expired and the game went into OT, the Warriors took over, and won by 10 points. It was a heartbreaking loss for Cleveland and its fans, as they were about to have an upset over Golden State.

Critics said the series was only gonna go 4-5 games at most favoring the Warriors, but game 1 showed a competitive side to it showing it could go 7 games. Knowing LeBron James is in the series, anything is possible, literally.

Sophomore Carlos Cespedes had something to say about LBJ, ” LeBron James is the greatest player to walk the planet, and literally no one can stop him in the game. I believe he can make a push for the championship once again. He has little help coming from his supporting cast, and he has been an MVP favorite all-year long.

The Warriors on the other hand, are going for there 3rd championship in 4 years, and it would be highly impressive if they accomplished that. With all the superstars they have, it is very hard to have any doubt in them. They are said to be the greatest shooting team of all-time, and there defense is very elite.

Only time will what the end result of all of this will be.

Jonah Carleton, Staff Writer

Jonah Carleton is a sophomore at Wayne Hills High School. He joined Patriot Press in September of 2017. He usually writes about national sports and school...