Language Honor Society Induction

By Britney Balevski, Staff Writer

The Language Honor Society Induction Ceremony was held last Thursday at Wayne Hills High School. The Induction was held at the Wayne Hills Auditorium where approximately 100  students were inducted. The Students had to be in the 10th grade and up to be inducted and must have maintained an A in their respective language classes. Students were inducted into honor societies for French, Italian, or Spanish.

This year’s Language Honor Society Induction Ceremony is the first one in two years. A previously mentioned, for a student to be inducted they needed to maintain an A average, though they are allowed one B. This ceremony is a way of acknowledging students’ achievements and talents in the foreign language that they take.  After being inducted, the language teachers suggest that the students expand their knowledge and progress to the next level in the student’s selected language.

Sophomore Savanna Brogan, a Spanish 3 E student, was inducted last night and said that “It is good to be acknowledged for trying hard to learn a language”.

If a student continues in the Language Honor Society with the proper grade they receive a chord that they wear on the day of their high school graduation. This chord is a symbol of their accomplishments and hard work in the foreign language that they take.