Trump to Meet with North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un

By Jonah Carleton, Staff Writer

The President of the United States, Donald Trump, has gone back and forth with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. Finally, the two will have their teams plan a meeting together, which reportedly will be in Finland. There are two and a half months until the meeting between the two leaders has to be confirmed.

It is suspected that North Korea will talk about disarming their nuclear weapons in order to ensure their security in the region. Some critics think North Korea could secretly be using this meeting in order to secretly press forward their nuclear advances. 

The officials in both countries agreed to maintain close cooperation in the coming weeks, and said that mistakes must not be repeated at this time. Yet, North Korea has yet to confirm the talks between the two countries.

If this meeting could bring peace between North Korea and its enemies, it will definitely be worth it at the end of the day. Many Americans and people around the world want to ensure their security from North Korea, as nuclear weapons are very life-threateningly dangerous

President Trump wants to meet with the dictator in May of 2018, as that is a convenient time for him. “This is going to be a very interesting meeting between these two leaders. I can see it being successful, but there is a lot of risk to it as well; if it can ensure security in the region, it can work out.” said Sophomore Carlos Cespedes.