The 2018 Senior Fashion Show Comes to an End

By Stefanie Batavia and Victoria LoVerde

The 2018 Senior Class walked in the annual fashion show at The Grove on March 14th, 2018. Every year members of the Wayne Hills PTO volunteer to host the fashion show in order to give the seniors one of their last fun memories together before they graduate. This year’s fashion show was hosted by Jaimie Lillis and Laurie Lloyd, both active PTO members at Wayne Hills. The night was filled with all sorts of excitement.

First, the participants paired up to walk out in formal wear and then later with a group of friends in their college wear. They walked down a runway in the center of the dining room filled with everyone’s families and friends. There were 144 seniors that walked in the fashion show and roughly 606 guests watching. While guests were entering the show they participated in all kinds of tricky trays in the cocktail room. Then they were welcomed by the DJ and seated as they entered the ballroom. Throughout the night guests were served a phenomenal three-course meal as they watched the seniors strut down the runway.

While this was all going on, the seniors got dressed up, girls getting their hair and makeup done and guys getting to pick out their favorite tux. Seniors were to arrive at The Grove at 6:00 pm Wednesday night, and after they were shuttled from the parking lot to the Grove, the seniors promptly went to their dressing rooms. Once the seniors arrived and checked in, each pair received a number in which they walked out, and each group received a number for the second walk. The seniors took a ton of pictures in their formal and college wear while enjoying the food that was provided for them. After the walk for formal wear ended, there was a brief intermission for the seniors. During this intermission, he parents raffled off some of the biggest tricky tray prizes. To finish off the night girls and guys got together with their close group of friends to walk out in their college wear together.

Overall, the 2018 senior fashion show was a huge success. The seniors had a great time walking with their friends, and the guests loved watching them. “The fashion show was super fun,” says senior Riley Garcia, “I had a blast getting dressed up and walking in front of all my family and friends”. The highlight of my night was walking with my friends in college wear. I am sad that it is over, but I am looking forward to the next upcoming senior events.” The tricky tray was also a huge hit. Just how much was raised from the fashion show is currently unavailable, but will be determined soon.