Wayne Hills Students Share New Year’s Resolutions

Wayne Hills Students Share New Years Resolutions

By Emily Ferrer and Samantha Segreto

The holidays are a time of great joy, togetherness, and familial themes. But after the holidays, the beginning of the new year quickly follows; New Years is a time of reflection and forward thinking and goal-setting. We asked some Wayne Hills students how they planned to use their New Year’s Resolutions to increase their quality of life.

When asked her New Year’s resolution, freshman Julia Galesi replied light-heartedly, “to land every bottle I flip.”

Others responded with more serious resolutions, such as a determined Anthony Simone stating,  “I want to go vegan.” Inspired by his brother’s meat-free journey, the freshman thought he would give it a go in 2018.

Senior Alyssa Servidio finds it important for her main goals to be focused primarily on improving her vocal skills, and, on an even more sentimental note, becoming more understanding in terms of her family.

As for resolutions centering around lifestyle changes, juniors Collin Brooks and Nicole Lampariello are aiming to avoid letting stress get the best of them and would instead to like to focus on the aspects of life that truly matter.

Excited about his part in the Wayne Knights Hockey Team, freshman Mikey Goldman responded with an enthusiastic, “My New Year’s resolution is to get a goal for the Knights!”

Others decided to take the more sentimental route, sharing their family’s holiday traditions. Freshman Brooke O’Toole stated that every year her family goes to New York City to see the Rockefeller Center Tree in all of its glory.

Aria Capria decided to share a long-lasting tradition, “We play candy poker every Christmas.”

Freshman Paige Barch, beaming, shared a self-beneficial tradition, “We open presents from youngest to oldest, so I always go first.”

Traditions, unlike New Year’s resolutions, never die down. Keep yours alive and enjoy the long break with your family; we hope that everyone keeps their resolutions this year! The Patriot Press would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays!